You are probably familiar with apples and honey for a sweet Jewish New Year, but that's not the only food symbol on the Rosh Hashanah table.
Pomegranates are considered a new fruit- one that is back in season for the fall. They say a pomegranate has 613 arils (seeds) which is the same as the number of commandments in the Torah. (We haven't counted, but I trust this.) Pomegranates are also a symbol of fertility, another reference of new things to come, and are mentioned numerous times in the bible. May your blessings in the New Year be as numerous as the seeds of a pomegranate!
Pomegranate items to help you celebrate:
- Sweet New Year Assortment Greeting Cards
- Marzipan Rosh Hashanah Gift Set
- Gold Pomegranate Glass and Aluminum Bowl
- Pomegranate Honey Bowl by Melanie Dankowicz
- Pomegranate Mezuzah by Emily Rosenfeld
- Pomegranate Hamsa Trivet by Melanie Dankowicz
- Silver Blooming Pomegranate Necklace
- Sterling Silver Pomegranate Earrings
- Sweet Noshings Cookbook