The essentials for building your Jewish wedding registry.
Ahava is in the air! So you have a Jewish crush. Whether it is your first date or you have been together for decades, here are our best tips for wooing your Jewish love.
It's Your First Date: Invest in Yourself
- Make them laugh! Laughter (and food) is the best way to your love's heart. Come prepared with a few witty jokes or let the Jewish Wisdom Ball do the work for you. LOLz abound!
- Show your personal style. Dress to impress. You gotta look good! Try a stylish bagel clutch as an easy icebreaker or a matzah yarmulke.
You've Been Dating 3 Months: Keep it Up
- Plan a unique date. Do they like being outside? Plan a picnic complete with homemade hummus or heart-shaped latkes. Maybe they are more into performances? Surprise them with tickets to a comedy show.
- Get them something nice! But nothing too crazy. An adorable Teddy Bear or delicate Opal Star of David Earrings will show you are interested but it's not too over the top.
You're Together 1 Year: Let's Get Serious
- Now is the time to show your partner you really care. A special anniversary gift like a Charm Bracelet or Mezuzah Necklace should win you bonus points!
- Plan an epic anniversary surprise! Whether it's a homemade meal or a dream trip, doing it together will make it special.
You're Engaged: Be a Supportive Partner
- First of all, mazel tov! Don't forget to register for Judaica on ModernTribe. We have all the essentials: gorgeous menorahs, unique seder plates, modern Shabbat candlesticks, challah board and more.
- Make planning fun. Enjoy the best parts (cake tasting!) and don't stress about the rest. The important thing is you're getting married! And listen to your mother. Always.
You're Together Forever: Keep the Romance Alive
- So you found your bershet, this is not a time to slack! Surprise them with something they love often, whether it's a loving card or flowers.
- Make memories. Put a few keepsakes like ticket stubs, love notes or flower petals in a stunning box and they are yours forever.
What are your tips for love?