June, 21, 2009 Happy Father's Day!
Congratulations to Randie K. and her husband Larry of Portland, OR for winning the Cool Jew Papa's Day Giveaway!
Once again, we are really touched by the thoughtful answers to our question about what makes your special man a cool Jew. Each entrant get's a $10 gift code for ModernTribe.com. I have tried to contact each of you individually. If you haven't heard from me, please email me for your code: Jennie@ModernTribe.com.
The reason my husband is the coolest Jew is that he wasn't a Jew when we met. In fact, I am not sure that my favorite Oregonian knew any Jews before we met! But I can tell you, after 7 years of marriage and two beautiful Jewish daughters, never was there a finer husband and father. He goes to services because he wants to, not because I tell him to. He's sad it's the summer because Mishpicha Minyan is over until the fall. He reminds me to light candles. He spent hours with me, pouring over name books to pick out the perfect Hebrew names for our children. He may not be Jewish by birth but his spirit sure is.
Seven Mensches and two Mamalahs have contributed over $240 worth of gifts to giveaway to one lucky guy. Comment on this post and answer this question:
A winner will be chosen from the answers and announced on Father's Day, Sunday, June 21.
(click on image for a larger view)
* Author Ron Arons' Jews of Sing Sing book and t-shirt
* Stand-up comedian Yisrael Campbell's "Circumcise Me" DVD
* Comedy writer Seth Front's set of four Jewish Zodiac placemats
* Author Lisa Alcalay Klug's book Cool Jew: The Ultimate Guide for Every Member of the Tribe
* Author Matthue Roth’s novels, Never Mind the Goldbergsand Losers
* Entrepreneur Jennie Rivlin Roberts' ModernTribe.com products "Can!!Can" CD and Punk Torah t-shirt and "No Limit Texas Dreidel" Game
* Artist Ben Schachter's "Treif" stickers
* Singer/Songwriter Rav Shmuel's "Protocols" and "B'yameinu" music CDs and two t-shirts
Comment below to enter!
(Please make sure your email is available through your Blogger profile. If you are commenting anonymously, you must email us with your comment so that we know how to contact you if you win! firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check back here or sign up for our Newsletter to be notified of the winner on June 21! (No purchase is required to enter. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.)